This policy has been adopted by Kairos Prison Ministry Australia (KPMA) to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act No 155 of 2000. The policy should be read together with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set out in the Privacy Act. A copy of the NPPs is attached.
- In this policy, a reference to "KPMA" means Kairos Prison Ministry Australia (a company limited by guarantee) and its associated bodies
- KPMA will comply with the NPPs. If there is any inconsistency between this policy and the NPPs, then the NPPs prevail.
- Subject to paragraph 4, KPMA will only use personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected. In most cases, the purpose will relate to the programs organised by KPMA and the associated administrative functions.
- Those functions include maintaining personal information for the purpose of recording the attendance on KPMA programs and the involvement in activities subsequent to the participation in the KPMA programs. The information may be disclosed to authorised officers of KPMA to facilitate the KPMA programs.
- KPMA will only use personal information about an individual for a secondary purpose (i.e. something beyond the scope of the primary purpose) if that individual has consented or the use is otherwise permitted by the NPPs.
- KPMA will take reasonable steps to keep the information secure and will, subject to the NPPs, comply with any request from a person to correct or remove his or her information. KPMA has appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for storing, correcting and giving people access to personal information collected about them.
- Personal information collected by KPMA may be sensitive information for the purpose of the NPPs (e.g. medical information necessary to participate in a KPMA program). As a non-profit organisation, KPMA is permitted to collect sensitive information without a person's express consent. However, KPMA will endeavour to seek consent from a person if sensitive information is sought for something other than the primary functions of KPMA described in paragraph 3.
- The operating procedures (whether or not they are formalised in a manual) of KPMA will comply with this policy and the NPPs.
- The KPMA Privacy Officer is empowered to receive and deal with any complaint that the company has not complied with this policy or the NPPs.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact the KPMA National Office.
PO Box 73, Northmead NSW 2152
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (02) 9683-0286
Fax : (02) 9683-0296
The KPMA National Office Administrator is Robyn Morris.
The Privacy Officer for KPMA is Rick Johnson who can be contacted on 0410 489 161