Vision, Mission and Values
Kairos: The Vision
We see a growing ministry of volunteers facilitating personal transformation, and empowering and nurturing Christian community amongst prisoners, their families and correctional staff, through every prison in Australia by demonstrating God's unconditional love through authentic relationships and well-developed programs.
Kairos: The Mission
The Mission of Kairos Prison Ministry International, Inc. is to bring Christ’s love and forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families, and those who work with them, and to assist in the transition of becoming a productive citizen.
Kairos: The Values
Honour God in all we do.
* Giving God all the credit
* Diligently sharing His gifts to achieve His purposes
* Seeking Him is spirit in worshipping together, sharing and praying together
* Relinquishing all anxiety to His care
Grow and build one another up as each part does its work.
* Taking personal responsibility for ourselves, in being authentic, growing spiritually, being reliable and reflecting on our effectiveness in what we do;
* Building one another up by listening, encouraging and developing their holistic well being in a spirit of compassion
* Living as members of a single organism, knowing one another intimately, caring for one another deeply and operating with the kind of respect that makes rules and by-laws unnecessary
Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
* Reviewing operational content in light of experience of outcomes
* Incorporating best practice in manuals, training courses and the code of conduct and ethics
* Adhering to published procedures, standards and guidelines
Practice responsible stewardship.
* Recognising and honouring corporate obligations
* Choosing best values within available budgets
* Responding to overall organisational need